To run the software, you need to have Java 1.8 or higher installed on your computer.
1) If you have not downloaded it yet, download the file ppsf.jar
2) If you have not downloaded it yet, download the file test_file.zip
3) Uncompress the file test_files.zip on your desktop. It will create a folder containing some example data files that you can use with the algorithms.
4) To run the software, now double-click on the file PPSF.jar. It will launch the software. If it does not work and you are using Windows, right-click on PPSF.jar and select “open with...” and then select “Java Platform“. If this option is not there, perhaps that Java is not installed on your computer.
5)If the previous step succeeds, this window will open:
6) Now let’s say that you want to run the PTA algorithm.
- Click on the combo box beside “Choose an algorithm“ to select “PTA“.
- After that, click on the button “Choose input database file“. This will open a dialog to select the input file. Go to the test_files folder on your desktop and select the file “chess.dat” .
- Then click on the button “Choose input utility table file“. Go to the test_file folder and select the file “chess_UM_UtilityTable”
- Now, click on the button “Choose output file” to select where the result should be saved. For example, go to the desktop and write “output_PTA.txt” and click “OK”.
- The next step is to set the parameters segments number and degree of anonymity of the PTA algorithm. To do that, click in the text box beside “segments number“ and enter 60. Then click in the text box besides “degree of anonymity” and enter 5.
- After that, click on “Run algorithm” to run the algorithm.
- A new window will open showing the result.
That’s all. If you want to run another algorithm, then follow the same steps.